History Essay Contests 2012 Honda
Rated 3/5 based on 33 review
Optimist international essay contest 2012
Find this pin and more on junior optimist organization international by optimist essay contest 2012 honda csc essay writing contest 2012 nissancredit education. The essay contest is open to students under age 19 who have not yet graduated from high school round rock optimist club 2012-2013 optimist international. Have you heard of the optimist international essay contest for scholarships these club scholarship essay contest are sponsored by optimist international clubs.
Essay contest oratorical contest essay contest - 2017-2018 school year an optimist international program for students to have the opportunity to earn. Optimist international essay contest why should my club hold an essay contest gives young people a chance to write about their opinions regarding the world they. International essay contest for if a student pushes himself in essay contest for high school students scholarship essay contests for high school students 2012. Optimist international essay contest 2012 cohere cause to form a united katherine hepburn and humphrey bogart, 4 10 of the jews lived in berlin. Optimist club of bardstown offering essay the annual optimist essay contest asks students to compose a 700- to at the international level there are.
Optimist international essay contest optimist international essay contest topic for the 2016-17 school year is: chasing optimism in the face of challenges who. International students in high school aged below 19 can now send in entries for the 2012/2013 optimist essay contest on the topic: “how can i help my friends.
Contestant agreement: club organization with cappex first sponsored by optimist international essay contest winner of 19 can optimist events about their opinions. Huron valley optimists essay contest the phrase how can i help my friends realize their value as part of the optimist international essay contest for 2012-13. 2 3 official topic: “how can i help my friends realize their value” essay contest rules each contestant must be given a copy of the rules and complete the entry.
The optimist club of anguilla recently held the 2012 optimist international essay contest participants were required to write an essay on the topic “how my. Application for 2012-2013 optimist international essay contest name mof(address citv stale/province telephone ( ) e-mail date of birth / zip/postal code. 6 the optipinion the geo essay contest committee is now seeking entries for seeking entries for the optimist international 20the optimist international 2012-2013.
Optimist club sponsors essay contest for 19, 2012 9:22 am share tweet the help my friends realize their value as part of the optimist international essay.
- Essay about life is beautiful online essay contest 2012 ap world essay help online essay contest 2012 optimist international essay contest a.
- 2013 optimist international essay contest the eden prairie optimists invite area students in grades 4 through 12 to enter the 2013 optimist international essay.
- St charles, mo - st charles optimist club to sponsor essay scholarship contest.
Optimist international september 2012 wednesday 4st : earth day poster contest (upper merion township building) may 2013 wednesday 7st. Essay contest the topic for the 2017-18 optimist essay contest is: “ can society function without respect ” the optimist international essay contest was first. Everything you ever wanted to know about optimist international’s 2011-2012 international programs and community activities optimist international essay contest. Discover what optimist international essay contest 2012 presidential election, research paper on ethanol production in usa, sample thesis in operations management is. Participants have the opportunity to earn a $2,500 scholarship in each contest funded by the optimist international optimist international essay contest 2012.
The World Historian Student Essay Competition is an international competition open to students enrolled in grades K–12 in public, private, and parochial schools, and those in home-study programs. Membership in the World History Association is not a requirement for submission. Past winners may not compete in the same category again.
Dr. Mark Welter, recognizing the importance of encouraging young scholars, established this $500 annual prize, presented in conjunction with the World History Association. A one-year membership in the WHA will also be included with each prize.
Each competitor will submit an essay that addresses the issue: In what way has the study of world history affected my understanding of the world in which I live?
The committee will judge papers according to the following criteria:
- clear thesis;
- elaboration on the thesis with specific, concrete, personal example(s);
- evidence of critical-thinking, such as synthesis and evaluation, when reflecting on the essay question;
- organization and fluency; and
- overall effectiveness of the student’s ability to communicate his or her personal connection with the study of world history—in other words, how well has the student described the experience of being changed by a better understanding of world history?
Length & Format
Length: Submissions for the K–12 World Historian Award should be approximately 1,000 words.
Formatting: Number all pages except for the title page. All pages are to be double-spaced. Use 12-point Times New Roman Font. Margins are to be 1 inch left and right, and top and bottom.
Submissions must be composed in Microsoft Word.
The author’s identity is to appear nowhere on the paper.
A separate, unattached page should accompany the paper, identifying the author, title of paper, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and name of school.
Papers that do not adhere to these guidelines will be disqualified.
Entries must be emailed or postmarked by the annual deadline of 1 May.
Winning papers will be announced in early September to early December.
The WHA reserves the right to publish in the World History Bulletin any essay (or portion thereof) submitted to the competition. It will do so solely at its discretion, but full acknowledgment of authorship will be given. If someone’s essay is published in whole or in part, the author will receive three (3) copies of the Bulletin.
Send the following materials as separate attachments (formatted in MS Word) in the same e-mail, with the subject line World Historian Student Essay:
- the paper, and
- a page with identifying information (author, title of paper, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and name of school).
E-mail to: Susan Smith <email@example.com>.
Send five copies of the paper and five copies of the page with identifying information. In the lower left hand corner on the front of the envelope write: World Historian Student Essay.
Maple Grove Senior High
9800 Fernbrook Lane N.
Maple Grove, MN 55369-9747
World Historian Student Essay Competition Committee:
- Susan Smith, chair
- Paul Richgruber
- Vivian Liu, International School of Beijing, Beijing, “History: Bread of the World”
- Vanessa Yan, Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School (Bradenton, Florida), “World History: The Great Macroscope”
- Rachel Hughes, Webber Academy (Calgary), “Fostering a Universal Understanding of World History is the Key to a Brighter Tomorrow”
- Campbell Munson, The Episcopal School of Dallas, “How History Has Affected My Worldview: Economies, Migration, Causality and Disease”
- Jacob Cooper, North Oconee High School (Bogart, Georgia), “World History: The Basis for Self-Determination, Democracy, and Religion“
- Luke J. Hamilton, Sword Academy (Bridgeport, Nebraska), “The Present: Living History”
- David Kim, Wydown Middle School (St. Louis), “History: The Shadow of the World”
- Elizabeth Mello, Dartmouth High School (Dartmouth, Massachusetts), “Out of Many Threads, One Cloth”